GEARS October - November 2017. GEARS is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is distributed with the understanding the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance, is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought from a Declaration of Principles jointly adopted by a Committee of the American Bar Association and Committee of Publishers. GEARS also welcomes articles submitted by members of the industry. GEARS considers all articles for publication that contribute positively to the welfare of the transmission industry, and reserves the right to edit all articles it publishes. If you would like to submit an article to GEARS, include background information about the author and a telephone number where he/she may be reached. If you want submissions returned, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
In This Issue
- Acura DCT 8-Speed Transaxle
- Welcome to Powertrain Expo 2017!
- WIT: Doing “Whatever It Takes” To Be Your Partner in Business
- From the Ground Up
- Transmissions 101: Analyzing the Valves
- Dangerous Flood Waters
- Driveability Diagnosis: It Couldn’t Be That… Or Could It?
- Scan Tool 101
- Intermittent Compression
- Advantages of a Technical Career
- Trans-Tech Transmission and Auto Service
- Highest and Best Use
- Inspiration or Desperation? When’s the right time to upgrade your shop management software?
- ATRA’s 2017 Powertrain Expo Exhibitor Directory
- A Conversation With Monte Ahuja
- Powertrain Industry News
- Shoppers and Classified